The LYRA3 FEG is a favorable combination of SEM and FIB for demanding users. It is based on a high resolution Schottky FEG-SEM column and a high performance FIB column.
This new generation of field emission scanning electron microscopes (LYRA3 series) provides users with the advantages of the latest technology, such as new improved high-performance electronics for faster image acquisition, an ultra-fast scanning system with compensation for static and dynamic image aberrations or built-in scripting for user-defined applications, all the while maintaining the best price to performance ratio.
The LYRA3 series was designed with respect to a wide range of FIB-SEM applications and needs in today’s research and industry. Its excellent resolution at high beam currents has proved to be advantageous for analytical applications such as EDX, WDX, EBSD, 3D tomography, etc. Their powerful software turns these TESCAN FIB-SEMs into excellent tools for other applications, such as e.g. electron/ion lithography, TEM sample preparation, etc.
LYRA3 focused ion beam scanning electron microscope is manufactured in configurations with XM and GM chambers.
- A unique Wide Field OpticsTM design offering a variety of working and displaying modes
- The proprietary Intermediate Lens (IML), which works as an ´aperture changer´, changing the effective final aperture electromagnetically.
- Real time In-Flight Beam TracingTM for performance and beam optimization, integrated with the well-established software Electron Optical Design. It also includes direct and continuous control of the beam spot size and beam current
- Fully automated electron optics set-up and alignment
- Fast imaging rate
- Unique live stereoscopic imaging using advanced 3D Beam Technology opens up the micro and nano-world for an amazing 3D experience and 3D navigation
- E-Beam lithography available with an optional Beam Blanker
High Performance Ion Optics
- Sophisticated high performance CANION FIB system for fast and precise cross-sectioning and TEM sample preparation
- Optional ultra-high resolution COBRA-FIB column represents the highest level of technology in terms of resolution both for imaging and milling. This is one of the most precise FIB instruments for nano-engineering in the world.
- Unique ion optic column differentially pumped, with 2 ion pumps, for ultra-low ion scattering effect
- Motorized aperture changer with ultra-high reproducibility
- Beam Blanker and Faraday cup included as a standard
- Simultaneous SEM imaging with FIB etching or deposition
- FIB control is fully integrated in the SEM software
- Powerful toolbox for basic shapes creation with programmable process parameters
- Micro/nano machining
- Ion beam lithography
Keeping the microscope in peak condition is now easy and requires a minimum of microscope downtime. Every detail has been carefully designed to maximize microscope performance and minimize operator effort.
Automatic set-up of the microscope and many other automated operations are characteristic features of the equipment. There are many other automated procedures which reduce the operator’s tune-up time significantly, enable automated manipulator navigation and automated analyses. Built-in scripting language (Python) enables access to most software features, including complete microscope control, stage control, image acquisition, processing and analysis. Scripting enables users to define their own automatic procedures.
User-Friendly Software and Software Tools
- Multi-user environment is localized in many languages
- Image management and report creation
- Built-in self-diagnostics for system readiness checks
- Network operations and remote access/diagnostics
- Modular software architecture enables several extensions to be attached
- Basic set of Software modules, such as highly automated ion beam control; DrawBeam Basic pattern generator; Simultaneous FIB/SEM imaging; Predefined FIB working profiles available as standard
- Several optional modules or dedicated applications optimized for automatic sample examination procedures, such as Particles Basic/Advanced or 3D surface reconstruction, etc.
- DrawBeam software module turns the focused ion beam provided scanning electron microscope into a potent instrument not only for electron beam lithography, but also for electron beam deposition and electron beam etching as well as for ion beam deposition and ion beam milling
- 3D Tomography software option provides fully automated procedure of seriál SEM imaging of FIB-prepared cross-sections and subsequent 3D reconstruction and visualization.